Friday, January 20, 2017

No Run January?

Okay, its not NO RUN JANUARY... but I decided to take a week off.  Just do a week of some mild cross training, maybe some treadmill walking/incline, a couple of kickboxing videos, and a few days of rest.

So here I am and its been 7 days since I ran.  WOW, I actually did it! ;-) Anyway, its been stressful... when you hear people say rest days are horrible... sometimes they are.  When you are that excited by running, you know you have found your true love.  I am that way for sure.  That is definitely not to say that that you wont have days where you would rather cut a digit off than run... because LORD, I have those too.

I am actually sore today.  My cross training gave me some feel good muscle soreness... I think that is a good thing.  I mainly rested though.  THAT is definitely important.  Sometimes you just have to take a break.  Its like your job, can you imagine never ever ever taking a day off?  It doesn't make sense, so don't do it with running either.

I think I am going to hit the gym later today and get some miles in.  7 days is enough...  I hate long distance relationships. ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment