Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Monday I ran 2 miles and had to stop and slowly crawl back home and get into bed... yesterday no running.  Being sick is horrid!  I ran the Alzheimer's 10K on Saturday.  It was hot.  It was between 75 and 80 degrees with VERY high humidity.  I think the heat actually made me sick.  I was okay after the race and even the next day... but then Monday and Tuesday was cramping, stomach upset, nausea, the works.  One thing that is a "shame on me" moment... is I always run with a bottle of water and sip consistently when it is over 70 degrees (if I run at all....)  and at this race I did not.  I thought, "well, no one else is carrying water, I don't want to look dumb."  That was stupid of me.  I should have drank consistently through the race.  Although with the sun and humidity... I am not sure if that would have kept me from getting sick.  

I also noted during the last 3/4ths of the race.... my Garmin was showing my heart rate at 186/187.  My maximum heart rate is 180ish I believe.  I have never seen my number reach that high... I knew that and was purposely slowing down because of it... but still, that probably wasn't the best either.  

No comments:

Post a Comment